I know it’s not the end of the year yet, but I have a top 10 list to share with you. Enjoy and Happy Friday!
10 Self-Care Practices to Reduce Stress
- Self-care starts with sleep. Forsaking sleep leads to burnout. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
- Morning routine to energize. Exercising makes us more productive in terms of energy, positivity and focus.
- Connect with nature. Nourish your brain with non-work activities.
- Make time for supportive relationships. Friends help us process questions, provide a different perspective, and serve as a sounding board for advice on various problems.
- Have a planned disconnect. It’s so important to unplug and turn away from work. Renew and refresh.
- Keep a journal to self-reflect. Journaling is a way to identify and take action around your feelings. It reduces anxiety and depression. It may also help you see patterns in your thoughts and behaviors and lead to solutions.
- Switch off and feed your curiosity. Find ways to learn and soak up new information.
- Cultivate a positive mindset. Visit the Positivity Project for more information.
- Build self-awareness. Take assessments, learn more about your personality, communication style, preferences etc.
- Avoid rumination. Too many unhealthy thoughts affect our ability to perform and to handle personal or professional relationship.
If you want to make a declaration about an intention of yours in the New Year, send me an email. I am a safe and confidential accountability partner for you!